Sunday 17 May 2015

Week One

I had a great time the first three days, and our group has bonded really well so far. One of the highlights for me was listening to Dr. Goddard talk about core samples because I had briefly helped a grad student at FGCU take core samples in a detention pond this past year. I really didn't know much about core sampling when I was helping the grad student, so that is why it was nice to hear Dr. Goddard explain the process in more detail. I also loved getting a tour of the Weatherbird, and I can't wait until we get to spend the day out at sea on it. I had no bad experiences during the first three days, but I am definitely excited to be able to start our field work this week at UWF.


1 comment:

  1. Great to see things are off to a good start, Pat! You'll do some more intense coring stuff with Dr. Joanne Muller when you make your stop at FGCU's Vester Field Station.

    ReplyDelete