Monday 4 May 2015

A bit about me

My name is Monica Cook, and I will be the TA for Cohort A (USF, USFSP, FAU and FGCU students). A little bit about myself: After obtaining my Bachelor’s in Biology, I was accepted to the UGA College of Pharmacy. After graduating from Pharmacy School, I practiced pharmacy for seven years until I became concerned with the sheer amount of pharmaceutical substances being discharged incorrectly and therefore entering our waterways. This led me back to graduate school, and I just graduated with my Ph.D. in Marine Science! My dissertation focused on pharmaceutical/chemical contaminants in the environment, so I hope to bring awareness about the effects of chemical contaminants on our freshwater and marine ecosystems. I am truly excited about all the experiences this course will bring, and I look forward to meeting all the students and instructors, beginning next week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment