Tuesday 12 May 2015

Intro to Dr. Smith

Hi Folks,
I am the primary instructor for UNF.  Cohort B will be spending the introductory half week with me, and I will see the rest of you during the UNF portion of the course.
My interest focuses on estuarine ecology, particularly related to the fishes found in these habitats.  My research lab is affectionately dubbed the mud lab since it seems like most of our field work is quite muddy in nature.  I am currently funded to assess a shoreline restoration project assessing the success of using a combination of oysters and Spartina to reduce fish habitat loss.
I always enjoy catching different fishes such as this juvenile below.  Who is he/she?  I will give you a hint: if you handle an adult of this species you will find the experience "shocking".
Look forward to meeting you all in a few days.
Kelly Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment