Sunday 24 May 2015

First Full Week!

This week has been super awesome to say the least. Both cohorts met at UWF and we had so much fun. It was great meeting them as well as their TA who is a pharmacist, which is exactly what I want to do. As a student at the University of West Florida, I got to see a whole new side of Pensacola. Throughout the week we got to go out into the field with many local professionals as they shared their past experiences and knowledge with us. We also got to work closely with several professors from my school, which was amazing. One of my favorite field experiences from this week was going out on the boat and taking water samples from the streams all the way to the gulf! I had no idea what all was involved in taking water samples and how much information you can get from it. One of the most interesting things I got to do was test the production of chlorophyll a from the water samples collected. From this test, we were able to conclude the levels of phytoplankton present. I also got to look at the water samples under the microscope and found all kinds of cool things!!





No comments:

Post a Comment