Tuesday 12 May 2015

Hey, I'm Sabrina!

Hello everybody! My name is Sabrina Straus, I'm 20 years old and I am a junior studying Environmental Studies at UWF. I work at Earthbound Trading Company in the mall and I have been there for 3 years now. I am originally from Enterprise, Al, a tiny town which is probably only known for having the world's only monument dedicated to an insect. I moved to Pensacola 3 years ago to attend school at UWF and experience new things. I love spending time outside appreciating nature. Much of my appreciation of nature comes from my experiences traveling the world. I love to travel and I have been lucky enough to visit quite a few beautiful places in our country and overseas. My favorite place that I have visited is Okinawa, Japan because while there, I had the opportunity to scuba dive near some of the most beautiful coral reefs and sea life. I have a girlfriend named Tati and we have been together for nearly 2 years now. She has played a huge role in helping me better myself in so many ways. The picture below is me and my mom. I chose this picture because she is such an inspiration to me. She always has encouraged me to work hard and she has always supported me in doing what I feel most passionate about.

I am so excited to start this course because I believe it is going to be an amazing learning experience! I am going to meet new people and try so many new things and that is what life is all about!! I hope that experiencing different marine environments and types of field work is going to help me narrow my focus towards what I want to do when I graduate. Right now I am really uncertain, I just know I want to contribute to reversing the negative impact that humans have had on the environment.
Anyway, I am so excited to meet all of you and start this amazing summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment