Sunday 24 May 2015

UWF

This was our first real week of the course and we got to meet the other Cohort! This week was full of information and adventures.  My favorite day was Wednesday with the Turtle T.H.I.S. program; I thought it was awesome to involve high school and middle school children in sea turtle conservation and nesting. We got so lucky in that for the first time in 15 years a leatherback sea turtle nested on Santa Rosa! I also really enjoyed going out on the boats to explore the estuarine gradient of the Perdido River, using all of the equipment. Some I was familiar with, but hands on experience is always great! This week really set a good pace for the upcoming weeks, and excited for what's left to come.

Learning about the sediment grabber
Leatherback tracks!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment