Sunday 24 May 2015

Week 2

This week I found the field work very interesting although I wasn't a big fan of all the data work we had to do for our project. I liked being out in the field getting my hands dirty instead of sitting behind a microscope and computer. I really enjoyed taking water samples, sediment grabs, seine catches, and especially the sea turtle research. It was interesting how everything was connected to the gulf even small streams. I feel I am more conscientious of my surroundings now that I have done this type of field work.

It was a little overwhelming having both cohorts together. I also didn't like that the baseball game was told to us by some professors as a mandatory event when it wasn't included in our payments to take the course. I feel that should be an event you can do in your free time so we could work on our projects instead. Other than poor communication I didn't really have any dislike.

No comments:

Post a Comment