Sunday 21 June 2015

The Final Blog

This semester has come and gone in such a quick amount of time, but in that time was a great opportunity to meet some amazing people, explore new places, and experience new and exciting things. The keys trip was pretty exciting for me. All of the places that we went to snorkel that had a great diversity and abundance of many organisms made this place my favorite spot on this whole trip. The trip to the Mote Marine Lab in the keys where the scientist were studying and practicing coral restoration was an awesome experience and it really peaked my interest. The trip to Vester Marine Station was also a great experience for me with learning about mercury levels in sharks (as well as ourselves) by going out into the Gulf of Mexico and catching and tagging these awesome creatures.










The research trip on the R/V Weatherbird 2 was a flashback for my trip on the R/V Bellows at my Semester by the Sea at FAU's Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute in the spring of this year. Again, I got to go out into the Gulf of Mexico and sample the different areas for water quality, plankton, and different organisms using the Capetown dredge and Otter trawl. With this trip I was able to see organisms that we didn't catch last time and experienced it on a much bigger vessel.










I would like to say thank you to all the professors and people who made this whole thing possible, Without you, we would not have this amazing opportunity to experience anything like this. To all the people in my cohort I am extremely grateful for meeting you and hope you all end up where you wish to be. We all became good friends together and as whole, a wonderful family that looked out for and encouraged each other throughout the course. I hope to see you all again soon and wish you all the best!








No comments:

Post a Comment