Saturday 20 June 2015

Final Blog

This course was an amazing experience!  Having the opportunity to participate in it was great.  I never would have thought that six weeks ago when this course started I would have been able to experience the things I have.  Throughout this course I was able to gain hands on experience in the many different areas of marine biology.  One thing that was brought to more light was the aspects of coastal biology.  I never realized just how much the inland pollution affected the open ocean.  It was very interesting to see how the rivers work.  I had never studied any coastal or river habitats till this course.
A freshwater body of water on a golf course at UWF.


I loved all the field work.  It was nice to work in the field all over the state to see what it would be like to live there and actually do that work.  I really enjoyed the snorkeling in the keys the best.  The animals, corals, and environment we learned about there is what I really enjoy.  I enjoyed learning about the fish and sharks the most at every location. At each location it was great to be able to sit down and talk to the different professionals and discuss their specific jobs and duties of their jobs.  Everyone was so willing to share their schooling, their stories, and was so willing to help with my career.  Since I am very interested in FWC work, I made sure to talk to members of FWC whenever possible.
Swimming with sharks in the Keys was amazing. 


The connections that were made throughout these weeks, not only with the doctors we met but with the other members of my cohort is something that’s very special.  I am so grateful I was able to take this course and thankful for the help of FIO. Thank you also to my cohort, and especially Nat! See everyone at the reunion. 
Thank you for everything!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment