Sunday 21 June 2015

I Cannot Believe It Is Over....

Waking up this morning in my own bed and not in the dorms with everyone else is very sad. These past six weeks I have got to know each and every person in my cohort to a personal level. Each one of these people became my friends and all of us together became a family. We had some ups and downs during each week and living in close corners was tough at times but I would do every last thing over and over again. I would not change anything. Nothing about this course would not have went smooth without our TA Monica! This course was amazing, I learned more about marine science that I thought I would. I loved how each week there was a different topic in a different city, it made the class more interesting and gave us the advantage of doing many hands on activities and learning. My two favorite spots over the past six weeks was the Keys and St. Pete. Before taking this class I knew nothing about what I wanted to do when I graduate with my degree. After taking this class I am a step forward in knowing what I would like to do. In the Keys I loved snorkeling the coral reefs and seeing all the different types of organisms that live in that community. Learning about how Mote is doing a coral restoration is amazing and that would be something I would like to do. Another part I like was going on the R/V Weatherbird in St. Pete. I usually do not like huge boats like that and I was afraid that I was going to get sea sick but none of that happened. The whole 14 hours went great. I loved using the plankton nets (bongo & neuston) to see how much plankton and the different species we caught. I also loved using the dredge and otter trawl to see what different organisms we caught and find out what they are. This gives me an idea of wanting to be a researcher or be on a researcher's team and go out on sea.
 
Johnna, you and I came into this course not thinking that we were going to make friends and that we were here for the learning experience and meeting professors. This changed completely. We became very close friends in a short amount of time and clicked immediately. You were always there first to help me in any situation I was in, and I thank you for that! Our weekends were always full of adventures! I will see you soon :)
 
Sammi, I am sorry for what you have got into when you decided to car pool with me! So much has happened to my car along the way and you were a trooper sticking by my side! Thank you. You are always in a great mood and you were one of the first friends I made when we first started! You were  great friend to travel with and you were always entertaining me with your snaps! Cannot wait to go visit Lisa together in August :)
 
Lisa, you always know how to have a good time and I love it. You were always there for me when I needed to talk and vent about something and I loved how you felt the same way about me. I hated seeing you cry which made me cry but trust me, I will be seeing you soon enough! :)
 
Michael, thank you so much for always making me laugh at any point in time even when I was not feeling like laughing that day. You are always a fun person to be around and you were always a good friend to me throughout this whole course! Trust me...I will see you soon!
 
Pat, you always had a smile on your face at any moment of the day. Thank you for being a fun person to be around during these past six weeks and it was great getting to know you! Keep in touch!
 
Harold, thank you for always being there for me and always asking if I was okay when I was down. You always made me feel better. You are an awesome person and very smart! Keep in touch!
 
Jade, it was awesome to get to know you and I am glad I got to share my first time at the show on Friday it was awesome!! Thanks for being an amazing friend! Keep in touch!
 
Brian, (Pops) thank you putting up with me whenever I asked you a million questions about any part of marine science when you were in my group. You are full a great knowledge and you have passed some on to me. Thank you! Keep in touch!
 
Sarah, I wanted to thank you for putting up with me when we had to do the snorkel test, you are a professional and I am not! You were very patient with me and I really appreciate it! Thanks for showing the group St. Pete on Friday it was awesome!! Keep in touch!
 
John, thank you for always being happy and having a good attitude every day of the week! You are very knowledgeable and good luck to you in school! See you around USFSP!!
 
Monica, we would not have survived without you these past six weeks....NO WAY! Thank you so much for being the mom of this family and taking care of us at any point in time! You are seriously the nicest, and the most amazing person I have ever met! I will see you around in St. Pete:) 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment