Sunday 14 June 2015

FGCU Sea Hare

Image from Google search website link non responsive.
I found a sea hare, Aplysia sp., at site 4 New Pass when I was just doing netting sampling over the sea grass. At first I just thought it was a larger clump of the tunicates we had been seeing all over that site; but as I walked back to the boat with it in the net I noticed it moving! He inked a little bit as we placed him in a water bin to look at. I had never seen one alive in the wild before and was very fascinating to see what you find hiding within the seagrasses that you normally wouldn't see just by looking down! The pipefish was also really cool to see! This week was great I liked the diversity we got to experience this past week at FGCU and I enjoyed the sharking experience and mercury hair sampling.

No comments:

Post a Comment