Monday 22 June 2015

LAST WEKK UNF!

      Our final week for the course was at UNF. I was excited that it was the last week and that we would be getting to go home, but I was also sad that I'd be leaving all the awesome friends that I had made the past 5 weeks. This was the week that we would be doing the 24 hour survey looking at tidal movement in a river and lake system, while also look at species diversity and richness. I personally love sleep, so I was not exactly looking forward to this study as much as I had looked forward to the other studies we had done along the trip, however, it ended up being a lot of fun. Even though we were all sleep deprived, and at one point I took a nap on a bench during my break time, I learned a lot about the different species present at different times and tides as well as shifts in water quality data thought the day. The study reminded me of a big camping trip, just minus the smores and tents. 

   
   This trip has taught me so much about the field that I love and has made me even more exited about the future in this career path. I met so many amazing scientists at each location and in my group. It was the first time I was in a group of my peers that all have the same passion I do. I wish they offered more courses like this because I learned so much, both in and out of class. I hope the friendships that I made on this trip will go on past this class and I'm so incredibly thankful that I had this amazing
opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment