Monday 22 June 2015

Final Week at UNF!

So the course has come to an end. I learned so much over the last five weeks of this course.  I am incredibly grateful for the opportunity to travel the state and do the work we got to do. Florida's coasts are so dynamic that I have discovered that I can do anything here. Florida is a great place to study all sorts of different things that I was unaware of until this course. Conservation and area management are huge in multiple aspects like the reefs in the Keys and with inlets around Jacksonville. The climate is changing which is bringing around new ecosystems with mangroves moving northward but at the same time removing the current ecosystems. I have gotten to see so many things that I had never seen before that I finally figured out what I want to study in grad school. This course has been a wonderful opportunity to meet people and study things that you don't get to on campus. I wish we could travel around the whole state and do it all one more time. I feel I have made great connections from this course with peers and with possible Professors for grad school. I wish I was back in the water collecting water quality data with the whole cohort one last time. This course was definitely the best decision for figuring out what to do once you get your bachelor's degree. I have already signed up for volunteer opportunities that I found because of this course. The different beaches with different flora and fauna and the different estuaries with different flora and fauna are really incredible and I am so glad that we got to study them all.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment