Sunday 26 April 2015

Marine Biologist In Training

Hey everybody! My name is Michael Baker and I am finishing up my sophomore year at FGCU. I was born in Maryland and got very interested in the ocean at a young age. I moved to Florida when I was 13, and the surrounding waters propelled my interests in marine biology. I am a marine science major and I'm still looking for inspiration as to what I really want to do. I love marine invertebrates like starfish and jellyfish.The beach is my favorite place to go to and I can never sit still so I'm always looking for new things in the water and around the shore.  I am looking forward to the FIO class because it is my first real life experience within the marine science field. I'm hoping that by surrounding myself with colleagues who share the same interests as me, I can start to fine tune my career path. This class will be an eye-opening experience and will hopefully lead me to victory as a marine biologist. Driving all the way around Florida is going to be exhausting, but well worth it. By the end of the trip, I hope to have my future career goal set in stone, and have created many amazing memories in the different colleges we visit! Feel free to help a fella out with any information, I love talking and learning where I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment